Tis the season to have a holiday mixer or the in-laws over at your place: Not prepared? DON’T PANIC *Que Tchaikovsky’s Sugar Plum Fairy song*… I have you covered… and even including have a few useful tips to help make your night a success. Read more for ideas that don’t break the bank, read below!
Dinner Party or Cocktail:
Food: Potluck or BYOP
- Tell your guests to bring platters, all quick and easy! BYOP (Bring your own platter… but share!
- Oh no! Don’t tell me that Aunt Betty is not going to bring her famous Christmas jello dish!…. (Can I get a Hallelujah!) Potluck items are the best way plan a variety of dishes
- You’re hosting, be in charge let people know you are open to new dishes BUT keepin’ it simple and easy is best (and more likely to be popular too)
- You provide proteins (turkey/chicken etc) and ask your guests to bring the vegetable and carb dishes!
- This also is a way for everyone to have something they enjoy #winning
- I know this sounds funny, but TASTY on Youtube is my go to. Take a look at what they have to offer…
- Drinks/Cocktail Feature, guests to bring a bottle to the table
- If you prefer the more standard glass of wine or if you are more extravagant, why not have each guest bring a bottle of wine (Like Miss Frizzle said, sharing is caring!)
- Holiday Negroni: Instead of an orange garnish with a cranberry & mint leave?
- Candy Cane Martini: Peppermint Schnapps & an actual candy cane… oh man, why not? Can I get an #amen!
- Dark & Stormy: Why not swap the ginger beer for cranberry ginger ale & mint? Could be interesting…also MINT is so ‘in’ right now
- Give a Kick to your eggnog, with a dash of cinnamon flavoured Kahlua .. Mmmm
- If you need some inspiration hit up this site below
- Do you have these killer ideas, but not wanting to invest in over the top décor?
- Pinterest is my BIGGEST support or even Daily Hive!
- No Fireplace? No problem, around this time of year, channel 3-6 (depending on your region etc) has a fire on repeat.. how cozy! Heat doesn’t come included though, sorry! #notsorry
- Gather what you can outside, for a cute piece by piece of your dinner table
Courtesy of cozycountryliving.com & pintrest.com
- Dessert entertainment, decorate your own cookies?
- Bake sugar cookies and decorate them after
- ‘Pin-on’ Christmas Sweater: Here is an idea… instead of coming to the party with an already #UGLYChristmas sweater…why not come with a plain sweater ready to be ugly-ified (yes.. not a word but you get it!)
- All you need are some ornaments and some safety pins and BAM you have yourself a low-budget, yet ultra-stylish Christmas sweater
Making the night memorable:
- Photo Op that’s Instagram worthy!
- Download & print fun little props to use in your photos
- Wrapping paper backdrop
- iPhone tripod; Best #selfies!
Christmas parties are always enjoyable with these fun little ideas here and there. If you feel the need to bring a gift, donate to your favourite charity and give your host a card with a message, “Your gift helped a child in need”, I doubt the host would object to that gesture and it’s for a great cause! Enjoy the amazing moments this holiday season has to offer by creating a great way to spread #cheer, and to enjoy the company of friends and family!
- Carly; Social Community Coordinator, Aquilini Centre